Spring: April 20 to June 12, 2020
Summer: July 6 to August 28, 2020
Fall: September 14 to November 6, 2020
Winter: February 1 to March 26, 2021
The eight-week residency includes:
- Residency honorarium of CAD $1,530
- Access to an individual studio-workshop to be used for work and lodging
- Access to specialized equipment (wood, metal, ceramics)
- Access to a documentation centre (books, magazines)
- Access to local resources
- Technical and logistical support
- Access to a bicycle in summer/ local transportation organized by ENE in winter
* Materials, travel fees and other living charges are at the residents’ expense.
Est-Nord-Est is situated in Saint-Jean-Port-Joli (3,500 inhabitants), on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River, in a region characterized by agriculture, forests, and the waterway. The origin of the centre’s name comes from this geographic situation, east-northeast of airports and city life (115 km from Quebec City and 350 km from Montreal).
Audiovisual and computer
2 video projectors; slide projectors; DVD player/video recorder (VHS-NTSC); projection screens; light table; scanners; black-and-white/colour laser printer; high-speed Internet.
The artists may use this equipment on an occasional basis to complement their work in studio. Artists who wish to make intensive and continuous use must bring their own computer.
12-inch planer; 12-inch jointer; band saw (clearance 32 inches, height 16 inches); table saw with guide; mitre-box saw; radial saw; electric chain saws; vertical, horizontal, disk, and band sanders; drill press; wood lathes.
Electric plane; drills; routers; clamps; gouges, chisels and knives; workbenches with vices etc.
Cutter; oxyacetylene torch; arc welder; grinder ; forge. etc.
Compressor; pneumatic polisher; grinder with diamond-impregnated blade; mallets; spikes and chisels etc.
To meet artists’ other needs, we also solicit other technical resources in the region.